Kit review for Vaping

In my original guide for beginners I added a piece about more advanced set-ups. I now realise that it wasn't the best place to put information on advanced kit.

So with that in mind this entry will be about the kit I am currently using.

I recently purchased the Cubis unit pictured on the left here and at least initially I thought it was a great bit of kit. However over time I found that the unit air-locked and you would have to open it frequently to allow air in otherwise the coil became dry and would burn out.

This was very frustrating as it was a very good clearomiser other than that one fault. Now it may have been my choice and mix of fluid that caused the problem but I have changed since then and yet the problem persists.

Out of frustration I made another purchase and went for the Aspire
Nautilus. Again initially this unit seems great. However one drawback is that the top and bottom both screw off. That is great for cleaning but it does mean you can inadvertently get leaks when refilling. It does however perform well. The key difference between the two is  how you adjust the airflow. The Cubis had a twistable top that had a complete variable range between fully open to fully closed. The Nautilus on the other hand has four pre-set holes of different sizes. You twist to select but there is a noticeable click and it stays in position whereas the Cubis could change very easily without your knowledge when in your pocket.

The Nautilus coils also seem to be marginally better too. I am getting 7 to 8 days from a coil with heavy use whereas with the Cubis I was lucky to get 5.

Overall rating
Cubis *** - If they sorted the airlock problem it would be a great unit.
Nautilus ***** It is a dated unit but I will be sticking with it for some time

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A tiny little bit awesome

eCigs - a beginners guide